1 – Guest Rights and Obligations
1. Upon arrival at any of our My Proud Havana accommodations, please show your tourist visa and passport to your Host so that the regulatory registration procedures can be observed.
2. After you have checked into your room or apartment, depending on the specific conditions for each location, you will be paying for your entire reserved stay, in the agreed currency and form of payment.
3. Supplementary services such as breakfasts, laundry, tourist guides and transportation do not require advance payment.
4. Guests must respect the House Rules (see below), both My Proud Havana general rules and the Host’s special rules.
5. All Guests must promise not to damage or improperly use any of the furnishings or the premises of both their rooms and the building where they are accommodated. Any damages or losses incurred will be settled directly with the Hosts.
6. For matters of security, the Host must be informed about every visitor to the premises and they must be recorded in the Visitor Book.
7. Hosts must respect the given conditions, contracted and agreed with each Guest.
8. Hosts must make sure that the products and services they are providing truly match the conditions that Guests will find upon arrival. If this should not be the case, Hosts must provide different accommodation choices that correspond to the conditions reserved.
9. Hosts must provide all the information needed by Guests.
10. Services included in the price of accomodations are: hot and cold water, air-conditioning, daily maid service, clean sheets and towels, 110 and 220 V electrical power.
2 – Sale Conditions
As confirmation of reservations, the advance payment is equivalent to 25% of the total amount.
Advance payments are via bank transfer. The rest of the amount for the stay will be in cash. Advance payments are non-refundable.
The amount covering the rest of the visitor’s stay must be paid upon arrival.
Rates indicated cover accommodations for up to 2 persons. A supplement of 10 cuc per each additional guest will be charged, if the conditions permit. One-night stays require a surcharge. A surcharge also applies to reservations during high season.
2.1 – Customer cancellations
2.1.1 – In cases of voluntary cancellations, the Guest will be charged 15% of the amount corresponding to the remaining days. If cancellation occurs for reasons attributable to the Host, the Host must guarantee a minimum of 3 days of accommodations to the Guest, with similar conditions. The Host must pay any differences in the rate and for transportation, if the case warrants.
2.2 – Host cancellations
2.2.1 – Should Hosts not fulfill their agreement with their Guest(s) and cancel their stay voluntarily upon arrival, they must guarantee similar accommodations and pay for transportation and any differences in the rate, if the case warrants, for a minimum of 3 nights.
2.2.2 – Should a cancellation occur after the stay has begun, Guests will be refunded the amount for the rest of the stay and Hosts must guarantee accommodations with the same conditions; Hosts must also pay any difference in the rate and transportation, should that be the case.
2.2.3 – Should the cancellation occur due to Guest violations of the regulations, the Guest will be charged 15% of the amount for the remaining days of the stay.
3 – House Rules
3.1 – Upon arrival Guests will be given the keys to the house or building, the apartment and/or the room. The penalty for loss of keys is 50 cuc.
3.2 – Living Together: it must be remembered that other guests could be sharing the house. Appropriate care must be exercised.
3.3 – Smoking is only permitted in the indicated areas.
3.4 – Children under the age of 12 and pets are not permitted in some of the rooms. Advance information should be provided.
3.5 – Sex tourism is prohibited in all My Proud Havana accommodations.
3.6 – Please inform Hosts about the time for being served breakfast and whenever you leave the room to facilitate maid service.
3.7 – Check-in time is 4:00 P.M. and Check-out Time is 12:00 noon. These times apply to arrivals and departures of several customers in the same day, but otherwise they can be negotiated with the Hosts.